Wednesday, October 29

not not cached?

I use google's search features quite frequently.  And, more often than not, I like how their system works.  But sometimes I want to say "do not show me any hits unless you have cached copies of them".

Paging through screen after screen of google "hits" where most of them are useless to me (where I would need to pay money just to inspect them to see if they were relevant) gets old.

One of these days, I am going to write some browser side code that scrapes google's search results for hits with cached (or alternative html) results and discards other hits.  I've been meaning to spend some time picking up grease monkey, maybe this will motivate me.

Meanwhile, I will note that uncacheable hits almost never contain the text I was searching on, which is supposedly against google policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment